Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weblog Journal #1

Well we are just a bit more than a week into this class. I am already blown away. I love the dialogues I have taken part in, and I think the blog platform of this class is a very interesting new approach to formal education.

In just the first few days, the ideas and opinions that both the assigned readings and posts from other students have brought to the table have pushed me to see everything with an open mind. I have quite extensive experience with Israel and education on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, yet I confirm everyday I am in "Living Jerusalem" (online and in class) that I have more to learn. I am eager to get into the nitty-gritty details of the conflict and really dissect a variety of issues stemmed from the deep rooted Middle East situation.

I think that the blog format is a very productive manner in which to learn this material. The conflict is so multi-faceted that it is vital that each individual have an opportunity to express what they see in the matter. I also love the "bonus posts" that many students and myself have already provided which give light to the issues via alternative ideas, visual aids, and more.

Before attending the first class, I had only a small notion of what the project would entail. I have been blown away. From the use of technology, to the openness of opinions, to the connections that I hope to make as we engage and learn about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict together with individuals from all sides of the issue, I have only the greatest expectations for what is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment