Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Welcome

Hey, I'm Ethan Bennett. I am a Junior studying Political Science. I'm from St. Louis, MO, and am excited to be studying and experience the diverse culture, society, and political situation of Jerusalem from Bloomington, IN. I have had a long standing relationship with Israel and Jerusalem, and while on a gap year program in 2010-2011, that relationship strengthened and became more twisted than ever. While living in Jerusalem, I really began to understand the hugging/wrestling relationship that I and so many others have with Jerusalem. A large part of this relationship for me is the political side of matters. I am constantly drawn to the craziness of Middle Eastern, and especially Israeli-Palestinian politics. I plan to work in Middle East foreign affairs, and hopefully can do so one day while living in Israel or the Middle East working on behalf of the US. I am very excited to expose myself to more opinions and experiences relating to Jerusalem and its politics, and hope to get to know and learn from all those currently engaged in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment